Waterfront: Evaluate and explore funding opportunities for Lakeside Park projects
Evaluate charitable fund opportunities for Lakeside Park and pursue creative fundraising, donations, and grant funding to supplement government resources.
Status: In Progress
Lead(s): Sandi Roehrig, Fond du Lac Area Foundation
Partners(s): City of Fond du Lac; Noon Rotary; Residents; Students
Fond du Lac Noon Rotary announces they will build a Centennial Plaza in honor of the club’s 100th Anniversary. The plaza will be located between the new Lakeside Park pavilion and the lake shore.
- Secured 5 years of funding for Lakeside Light Holiday Show (2017 – year 4 of 5) Should City consider in budget for 2019 and on?
- Created fund for flowers in Lakeside Park (too small to grant out at this time)
- FAF will also provide an annual grant to supplement flower budget ($1700 in 2017)
- Lakeside Park Loop Trail blacktopped throughout Lakeside Park. Landscaping planned for 2017.
- Excel Engineering is working on a final draft of a Lakeside Park master plan, presentation to the City Council at its 4/12 meeting. Expectations of Council approval of improved Pavilion (“Hub”) on the footprint of the current Pavilion to include:
› three meeting spaces of 50, 50 and 100 people, which could be combined into one for larger events
› enlarged concession area with some outdoor seating & large patio areas
› large central exhibit and gathering area
› four-season restrooms
› balcony would provide enhanced views of the lake
› possible extra parking just east of current one
› temporary pier is planned to extend off the Fishermen’s Pier for fishing, sight-seeing, or transient boaters
› The plan will retain future ideas for boardwalk and viewing platforms in LSP-West, a bridge between LSP and LSP-West, and a splash pad near the Main St. playground.
- The Hub is currently in the City’s 2019 CIP, with plans for construction between Labor Day 2019 to Walleye Weekend 2020.
Possibilities for partnership funding: (public/private/community)
- Actual construction of the Hub
- bricks or benches for the patios
- trees or landscaped areas
- educational or historic exhibits for the large central area, etc.
- bridge between LSP E and W, and environmental partners for the LSP-West projects
- Two youth baseball diamonds have been proposed and are partially funded and a company may be willing to donate some of the work.
- Considering a partnership proposal to landscape around the Loop path
- CVB and City are partnering with BlueLine to create a skating rink on Oven Island with the intention of creating an iconic destination.
- Discussion on the partnership opportunities with the February Sturgeon Spectacular event
Secured 5 years of funding for Lakeside Light Holiday Show
Created fund for flowers in Lakeside Park
FAF will also provide an annual grant to supplement flower budget