Waterfront: Implement Lakeside Park exploratory plan
Implement the Lakeside Park plan by funding and executing at least two projects per year. Further, develop a defined 10-year investment strategy that prioritizes and sequences projects.
Status: In Progress
Lead(s): City of Fond du Lac
Partners(s): Craig Molitor – Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
Joe Moore provided an activity update per City Council approvals.
- Splash pad being considered for 2017
- Ice rink going in this winter;
- Planning for new restrooms and new pavilion (construction planned for immediately following Walleye Weekend). Chose to put more focus on concessions rather than on adding a restaurant. Floating docs will likely be part of the strategy.
- Paved pedestrian paths have been incorporated into the park and anecdotal feedback has been very positive.
- BCI Burke has added a zipline to the park.
- Mercury added a boat dock; another organization helped to add 15 wheelchair accessible fishing docks throughout the park.
- A Leadership FDL team project added a history walk inside of the lighthouse
Loop project through Lakeside Park is proceeding‹‹ Back to Our Identity