Our Next Generation
Implement tactical urbanism projects, such as pop up cafes, street fairs, and more that can inject a sense of excitement and interest into the community. One potential model would be a Downtown kitchen incubator, which could facilitate many of these events.
Status: In Progress
Lead(s): Jenna Floberg, Agnesian Healthcare and Young Professionals of Fond du Lac
Partners(s): Horicon Bank; Agnesian/St. Francis Home; wisnet; FCEDC; AC;
- Fond du Lac native, Austin Scott, opened a pop-up version of his Illinois-based shop, The Neighborhood at Urban Fuel in Peebles! Follow his shop on Facebook or learn more about his return to Greater Fond du Lac here.
- Two MOUs out to two different organizations trying to figure out governance moving forward. Seeking permanent foundation, insurance, etc. Hopeful that something can be planned over the summer.
- City made an offer on a space to rent for this type of work… give someone with a dream to run a restaurant, a place to try it out.
- Third official POP UP event has been held– students at Marian University drove the bus – great! Want to get others involved… Friday evening pop up – Sabre Cup of Chili.
- Working with YPF and Fond du Lac Festivals to figure out a long term home for Pop UP – waiting for feedback on negotiations on where the better fit is.
- TedX Fond du Lac – first meeting held last week Wednesday. Lots of planning that needs to be done. Targeting October 2017 for launch. Seeking out Venues and theme. TedX reigns in what you can do to market. Should be a pretty hot item – first meeting can only take 100 attendees. Sarah Spang put the application in and there is a thorough vetting process.
- August 2016 – Held a pop-up outdoor movie event with 300-400 people in attendance
- June 2016 – Opened a 2-day only Pop-Up Crepe Cafe, served 2,000 crepes
- Evaluating organizational structure – deciding whether to merge with another existing organization